Last updated: September 23, 2009
2. General Information
3. Information Collected
Personally Identifiable Information.
- Examples of Personally Identifiable Information we collect include name, postal address, e-mail address, credit card number and related information, and phone number. With respect to Memorial Websites and guest books, we also collect the date of birth and date of death for the deceased person. We also maintain a record of all information that you submit to us, including e-mail and other correspondence. We may collect Personally Identifiable Information when you register to receive alert or email subscriptions and mailings, sponsor or submit information for a Guest Book, or Memorial Website, post other content on the Site, purchase products or other services, or participate in other activities offered or administered by SLR.
- We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you, such as your credit card number.
- We do not intentionally or knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information about children under the age of 18. Please see the section on “Children’s Privacy” below.
Other User Information.
- Like most websites, SLR also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser automatically and through the use of electronic tools such as cookies. Our server logs automatically receive and record information from your browser (including, for example, your IP address, and the page(s) you visit). The information gathered through these methods is not “personally identifiable;” i.e., it cannot be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person
4. How Your Information Is Used by SLR
Use of Personally Identifiable Information:
We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information and other personal information you specifically provide may be used:
To provide the Services we offer, to process transactions and billing, for identification and authentication purposes, to communicate with you concerning transactions, security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site and Services, to improve Services, to do something your have asked us to do, or to tell you of Services that we think may be of interest to you.
- to communicate with you regarding our Site and Services.
- for the administration of and troubleshooting regarding the Site.
Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of the Site (our web hosting service, for example), may need to access such information from time to time, but are not permitted to disclose such information to others.
We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information about you under the following circumstances:
Use of Anonymous Information:
Certain information that we collect automatically or with electronic tools (such as cookies) is used to anonymously track and measure user traffic to this Site and to enhance your experience on this Site. For example:
IP Addresses/Session Information. We occasionally may obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our Site. IP addresses, browser, and session information may be used for various purposes, including to help administer this Site and diagnose and prevent service or other technology problems related to this Site. This information also may be used to estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific geographical areas, to help determine which users have access privileges to certain content or services that we offer, and to monitor and prevent fraud and abuse. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information
Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject them, or notify you when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to use our Services that require you to sign in, or to take full advantage of all our offerings. Cookies may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party we authorize to collect information on our behalf. We use our own cookies to transmit information for a number of purposes, including to:
- require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accessing your account contents;
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Site;
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
- conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the Site.
We may share anonymous information aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. with our partners, advertisers and others.
5. Privacy Alert: Your Site Postings Generally Are Accessible to the Public
Your own use of the Site may disclose personal information or Personally Identifiable Information to the public. For example:
This Site makes Guest Books, Memorial Websites, and other postings to our Services available for viewing by all our visitors UNLESS the sponsor or host of a Service selects a privacy setting that restricts public access. Please remember that any information disclosed on a non-restricted Service becomes public information and may be collected and used by others without our knowledge. You therefore should exercise caution when disclosing any personal information or Personally Identifiable Information in these forums.
When you post a message to any message board, blog, or other public forum on the Site, your user ID or alias that you are posting under may be visible to other users, and you have the ability to post a message that may include personal information.
6. Children’s Privacy
SLR does not intentionally or knowingly collect from or maintain Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of 18, nor do we offer any content targeted to children.
In the event that SLR becomes aware that a user of the Site is under the age of 18, the following additional privacy terms and notices apply:
Prior to collecting any Personally Identifiable Information about a child that SLR has become aware is under the age of 18, SLR will make reasonable efforts to contact the child’s parent/guardian, to inform the parent/guardian about the types of information SLR will collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed, and to obtain consent from the child's parent/guardian to collection and use of such information.
Although SLR will apply these children's privacy terms whenever it becomes aware that a user who submits Personally Identifiable Information is less than 18 years old, no method is foolproof. SLR strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Personally Identifiable Information collected from children may include any of the information defined above as Personally Identifiable Information with respect to general users of the Site and may be used by SLR for the same purposes. Except as necessary to process a child's requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Site, SLR does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing a child's Personally Identifiable Information for use by any outside company.
A child's parent or legal guardian may request SLR to provide a description of the Personally Identifiable Information that SLR has collected from the child, as well as instruct SLR to cease further use, maintenance and collection of Personally Identifiable Information from the child.
If a child voluntarily discloses his or her name, e-mail address or other personally-identifying information on chat areas, bulletin boards or other forums or public posting areas, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
SLR is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site.
8. Security Measures
The security and confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect guest information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no data transmissions over the web can be guaranteed 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
9. Correcting, Updating and Changing Information
You may modify and correct Personally Identifiable Information provided directly to SLR for a Guest Book or Memorial Website if necessary. SLR offers users the following options for updating information:
Directly within edit mode of your memorial
Send a letter to us via postal mail to the following address: Sugarland Ranch, Inc, 3510 MATTERHORN BLVD. RENO, NV 89506.
10. Opt-Out Procedures
You may opt out of receiving future mailings or other information from SLR. If the mailing does not have an e-mail cancellation form, send letter to us at Sugarland Ranch, Inc, 3510 MATTERHORN BLVD. RENO, NV 89506, detailing the type of information that you no longer wish to receive.
11. Advertisements and Links
12. Changes to This Policy
13. Additional Information
14. Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have additional privacy rights, as set forth in the California Civil Code, Section 1798.83.
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
SLR does not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at Sugarland Ranch, Inc, 3510 MATTERHORN BLVD. RENO, NV 89506.
View our Terms and Conditions